We have an opening for a home health aide to join our growing team. You will be tasked with helping patients with personal hygiene, minor medical needs, housekeeping, and other daily needs as required by the patient.
To excel in this role you should have an interest in health care and the ability to work with limited supervision keeping the patient’s needs as your top priority.
Home Health Aide Responsibilities
- Helping patients with personal hygiene, dressing, bathing, and other daily tasks.
- Performing basic health care services for patients, including checking vital signs or administering prescription medication.
- Helping with general light housekeeping.
- Making transportation arrangements as needed.
- Working with a nurse, personal care aide, CNA, nurse aide, nursing assistant, and other caregivers and in-home care professionals.
- Observing and reporting on patient’s condition.
- Keeping up with in-service training.
Home Health Aide Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to provide references.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Have good personal hygiene.
- Able to do light housekeeping.
- Certified home health aide (CHHA) preferred.
- State-approved training, as well as CPR and first aid certification.
- Available to work irregular hours, including night shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Extensive experience in supervising and assisting clients, as well as engaging them in suitable activities.
- Experience in monitoring clients’ conditions and administering prescribed medications.
- Ability to perform basic housekeeping tasks, prepare meals, and run errands.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a caring approach, and physical fitness.
- Ability to ensure clients’ safety and provide comfort.